Low self-image does not discriminate. It affects men and women alike. Low self-image often develops from a childhood filled with verbal, physical or emotional abuse. Children who are not unconditionally loved or accepted are vulnerable to perceptions of low self-image. Other childhood circumstances such as, growing up in a high-pressured household, being a child of divorced parents and being raised in an environment where feelings were not openly expressed, experienced, or welcomed often contribute to low self-image. Adults too can develop low self-image by being hurt badly in a close relationship or by experiencing a series of failures and few, if any, successes.
The good news is that there are plenty of effective psychological techniques to improve self-image and transform people’s lives. Psychological treatments target the emotional, perceptual and behavioral aspects of self-image. These treatments enable individuals to regain a sense of personal value, purpose and self-fulfillment. Psychological attention that is targeted and solution-focused provides individuals with the quickest relief possible.
Dr. Cristiano can help you find your answers, guide you toward your goals and assist you in regaining control of your life. But you must reach out to us first, so that we can start to help you help yourself. We encourage you to schedule your initial consultation now. The longer you wait to get the attention you need, the longer you will delay feeling better.
Ask yourself the following questions…
- Do you often feel inadequate or insecure?
- Is it difficult for you to open yourself up to others and trust them?
- Do you have a fear of disappointing other people?
- Do you worry about what others think of you?
- Is it difficult for you to make decisions because of the fear of failing?
- Is it difficult for you to be spontaneous and to relax, let go and just have fun?
- Do you have difficulty forming new relationships or being truly intimate with someone?
- Do you have a fear of rejection, abandonment or disapproval?
- Do you typically hide your true feelings?
- Do you often wear a “mask” and hide your true self from others?
- Regardless of what you accomplish, do you still feel like you haven’t done much?
- Do you feel as if there is nothing very special about you?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions, you may have an issue of low self-image that requires professional attention. We encourage you to contact Dr. Cristiano for further assistance. He can help.
Make that first step to improve your life.
You deserve no less.
We care about all of our patients and the challenges they face in their daily lives. If you need to work through a challenge or problem immediately, we are here for you! We offer emergency appointments for all current patients to ensure their continued progress towards optimal well-being.
We discuss the latest emerging technology and techniques as well as helpful information on facing your daily challenges in our Blog. Visit it today and discover ways to help you manage the daily stressors and keep you on the road to positive thinking and a fulfilling life!