Grief and Loss
Painful feelings resulting from grief and loss can be debiltating, haunting and preventing you from moving forward and growing. Humans have a need to grow. When this is stunted, we feel as if something is wrong. Humans also have the need to feel safe and have a sense of control in their lives. When we lose something or someone we have grown attached to, those feelings of safety and control are threatened.
Dr. Cristiano is well-acquainted with the many faces of loss and grief. Dr. Cristiano possesses the training, experience and credentials to provide you with the needed relief and the hope that you will get through this as quickly as possible.
Prescribed medication may provide relief from anxiety, stress and mournful feelings, but they do not target the cause. Psychological attention that is targeted and solution-focused can help you resolves those painful feelings and provide you with the relief you desire.
Dr. Cristiano is quite knowledgeable and experienced in treating all of the emotional, cognitive and behavioral aspects of grief and loss. He can help you find your answers, guide you toward your goals and assist you in regaining control of your life. But you must reach out first, so he can start to help you help yourself. We encourage you to schedule your one-on-one consultation now. The longer you wait, the longer you will delay feeling better.
Common types of losses include:
- Loss of a romantic relationship
- Losing your job
- Loss of a pet
- Having a friend move away
- Having your child leave home
- Becoming injured or sick (Losing your health)
Ask yourself the following questions…
- Do you have a lack of desire to socialize with others, as you once had.
- Are your thoughts dominated by memories of the loss.
- Do you have an ability to focus and/or pay attention for longer than a few minutes?
- Do you constantly feel the need to talk about the loss with others?
- Does your loss seem to creep into all of your conversations?
- Are you having difficulty falling asleep or maintaining sleep?
- Have you noticed changes in your appetite?
- Does your loss seem to be the last thing on you mind before you go to sleep at night and the first thing on your mind when you wake up?
If you have answered YES to 3 or more of the above items, we suggest you consult with Dr. Cristiano for further assistance. He can help.
Make that first step to improve your life.
You deserve no less.
We care about all of our patients and the challenges they face in their daily lives. If you need to work through a challenge or problem immediately, we are here for you! We offer emergency appointments for all current patients to ensure their continued progress towards optimal well-being.
We discuss the latest emerging technology and techniques as well as helpful information on facing your daily challenges in our Blog. Visit it today and discover ways to help you manage the daily stressors and keep you on the road to positive thinking and a fulfilling life!